Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however, there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan generously with a no-cholesterol cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and sugar together.
- Whisk yogurt into ‘wet’ mixture.
- Mash bananas and add to this mixture.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in walnut until well distributed in the batter.
- Use a spatula to scrape all batter into prepared loaf pan.
- If the top of the loaf starts to get too brown, make a tent over the top using foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center.
Let stand about 10 minutes then turn out onto a cutting board or platter.